Friday, June 15, 2007

Heat rash update

I didn't take any pictures because it was the last thing on my mind, and there wasn't much to see anyway, but from tuesday to early on thursday morning the pain in my hands increased steadily, despite the medication. What started as a slight itch on my palms spread to my fingers which then swelled up until I could only close them half way into a fist. This swelling was bad enough but coupled with the constant itchiness quickly became unbearable. I was forced to go to the night watch doctor at the university hospital and (polite as possible) demand aleviation from the agony. The sensation was some where between a nettle sting and having my hands set on fire, and I wondered just how much more painful it could get. Putting both hands into cold water helped somewhat but increased the pain there after.
.
The doctor gave me some hydrocortisone tablets and told me to contact my doctor if the pain was still in effect on friday. I was slightly disapointed since I've been given hydrocortisone in the past with regards to other afflictions and its had zero visible effect. Waking up this morning however I noted the itchiness in my hand had gone and the swelling dissipated. I breathed a long sigh of relief. I don't know if I could have survived another day of such pain and retained my civility to my fellow human beings. It was difficult to not start shouting, even at Mette and Freja.
.
It now remains to see if the itchiness and pain stays away. I only have one hydrocortisone pill left...

.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

All that from a heat rash? o_O

According to this wetting your hands is a bad idea.

moif said...

The latter itching may be an allergic reaction to the medication they gave me to ease the original heat rash, something called fexofenadin hydrochlorid.

Historiker-Palle said...

Sucks, how are you today?

I am at my parents' place.

moif said...

Looks like it might be Hives, or something called Shingles. Going to have to go to see my GP again on Monday.

Historiker-Palle said...

I am going to see the police... wanna swap?

moif said...

I asked my Dad for advice with regards to your dilemma. He suggested you talk to an organisation called KRIM. Apparently they can help in matters like yours if your down on your fortunes.

Good luck.

Historiker-Palle said...

Thanks, I am down on my fortunes and had not thought of that. In fact I have a lawyer, but it is one Louvi's mother recommended. But come what may, even if I helped pay to have someone killed that hoax must stop, it destroys me and my family. I might have to get a secret adress and phonenumber though. We shall see.

Historiker-Palle said...

Just checked out KRIM, apparently they only help if you have been subject or witness to police abuse, violence, etc. There is a Retshjælp though somewhere.

Cyan said...

Moif, you have had to deal with far too many afflictions this year. :(

Are you feeling better at all?

moif said...

Ah, you know. Same old story really. I had a hard week end because I was down all last week and what ever this is hasn't gone away yet. I can feel it like a burning in my skin. I spent the whole time with Freja because Mette was off selling surplus clothes at a market. I don't mind spending time with Freja, though it can be pretty dull in the long run since she's not exactly up for much conversation yet and it was tough after the preceeding week. I'm just glad my hands haven't started burning again.

I went out to my parents with her as well and that was pretty hard too. My Mom's putting on a brave face, and she's been told she has good chances, but its still cancer and the shadow of it hung in the back ground.

The Snoos and I fell asleep in my Dad's arm chair. Its one of those American ones that practically unfolds into a bed and Freja fell asleep in the crook of my arm. My Mother put a blanket over us and when I woke up we were soaked with Freja's sweat. Lil kids really sweat a lot and Freja had pearls of condensation in her hair!

Today was a recovery day and I did very little except play EVE and watch TV. The phone's been ringing all day and I've been ignoring it.

I guess I'm okay, but there's been so much going on of late that I'm a bit dazed.