Saturday, November 30, 2013

Some good news and bad news (as always)

Bad news: The first attempt at mixing the resin failed. It made a strange semi-congealed mess that never fully cured. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I assume I made an error when weighing and the ratio was not 50/50.
Good news: The second attempt at mixing the resin succeeded and made a small slab that looks a bit like cheese.
Bad news: I attempted to fill resin into the mold today. This failed for two reasons. First being the resin proved impossible to control when being poured. Second, the resin began to cure within minutes of being mixed and I never managed to fill even 10% of the mold.
Good news: the small amount of resin that made its way into the mold, captured those details of the model it came into contact with.

No comments: