Wednesday, October 07, 2009

dOWN IN THE PARK



I love this song. It sends shivers down my spine, its got such an evocative ambience. Its like a version of 'Logans' Run' by Pieter Breugel.

Down in the park where the machmen meet
the machine and play kill by numbers
down in the park with a friend called five
I was in a car crash or was it the war
but i never been quite the same
little white lies like I was there
come to tom-tom's the place to eat
like it was built in one day
you can watch the humans trying to run
oh look, there's a rape machine
i'd go outside if it'd look the other way
wouldn't believe the things they do


Actually, my life has never been so good. I'm fantastically in love, we have two healthy kids, everything is looking upwards, like there is no death tomorrow and I can believe in the future for once. Feeling naive never felt so good.

I failed to do my bike run from Silkeborg, but it was due to Mette being ill rather than my laziness, and I'll try again on saturday. On Monday I went to the gym for the first time in my life and got a plan laid out by a very trim young fellow named Anders. It was a piece of cake. 14 km a day for the last three months has deffinately made a difference. I'm not sure how often I'll go to the gym, but I'm guessing twice a week to start off with. I have no idea what the various exersizes are called, but they're not designed to build up huge muscles or anything, just to get me into something resembling the shape of a human being again, and not a naked mole rat.

Its not all physical though. Whilst perusing Steve's blog, I came across a most excellent gaming blog, called Iron Mitten, and at first it was the cartoon illustrations that grabbed my attention, but then I saw his older, Roman stuff and my fire got stoked. Next thing I know, I'm roaming the internet checking out 10mm, 15mm and 28mm Romans. So much good stuff, so many ideas but so little time.

5 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Naked mole rat - love it... me too!

Iron mitten is brilliant - I'm absolutely amazed at the quantity of cartoons he manages to create in such quantity... there are some truly gifted people out there!

moif said...

I kept thinking, I can do that, why didn't I think of that?

Now I won't do it though because it would be too much like nicking some one else's brilliance.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Nah - do it anyway - I can't think of any original talents that didn't start out by copying someone else, and then later developing their own original slant... for some reason I keep thinking of Led Zeppelin in that context!

Historiker-Palle said...

ROMA INVICTI!!!
Well, you know... I LOVE Rome ;-)
BTW, everyone who shares my passion and likes playing RTW, but dislikes the ahistoricity of it, should DL this mod http://www.europabarbarorum.com/ Modded like that it is the best computer wargame I have ever played. The barbarian factions and Diadochii now gets their due in full.

Let us do Rome, we are anyway in Turbator, and there might be large-scale battles when Lucius Cornelius becomes a power.

And I, for one, wants to see more of your illustrations, I am no cartoon or caricature fan in that way, but more Moif illustrations would be a boon :-)

As for the bike ride, smart move not to do it on last Saturday with the small hurricane and torrential cold rain we had...

Jan (moif) said...

But you might not like it if I made a Roman campaign Palle. You are far too pedantic about historical accuracy and I'd get a lot of things wrong.

If I did do a Roman campaign, it would be some time in the future, as I'd require a lot of new figures and building models.