Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Artist of the month: Stephane Halleux

Stephane Halleux is a Belgian sculptor with a thing for grotesque robots made from found objects (the older and more grotesque, the better). I like him because I have a passion for models (except 'doll art' which I loathe), and steam punk models are best of all. This is the sort of thing I always want to start building, but never quite get into... too many Rocketman projects and not enough 'photogenic garbage' floating about in Denmark I guess. I don't have the space or the tools for this sort of thing either (yet).


Of course, I have a hundred excuses why I haven't built stuff like this, but I guess the real reason is, I just don't have the 'artist gene'.
Halluex also has a My Space page if any one wants to drop him a message.

No comments: