Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Celtic Lady



Ha! Mette hates this song but I love it. I wish the human race would spend more time making beautiful stuff like this. Sometimes I think I'm already in Hell.

'Caribbean Blue' is another great track. I cried the first time I heard it as I often do when music reminds me of my lost innocence. The pain today is knowing one day Freja will lose hers too. Judging from the boy in the video, I suspect Enya is singing about the same feelings.

What ever you do kid, don't ever leave the book!



Its also a really nice homage to Maxfield Parrish!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer her Gaelic songs, such as "Smaointe". Such a pure voice, and when the Uillean pipe starts playing you want to weep.

I never really cared for Caribbean Blue, but the video is really nice! Some of us never really get our heads out of the clouds, alas!

moif said...

Have you heard the album called 'The Celts'? That was always my favourite. I think it helps that its made for a TV serial because that gives the music a focus/context