Friday, February 22, 2008

Getting connected

So I'm looking at phones, i-pods, MP3 players and other shiny gadgets. The reason being my attempt to re insert myself into society after the last few years compulsive reclusive tendencies. Why do you need an MP3 player for that you might ask? Well in truth I don't, I just don't want to drag around my old CD walkman any more. These days its about as handy as a suitcase containing a soviet era grammaphone. MP3 players are a bit expensive though. 800 kroner will buy me a 4 Gb capacity or I can buy an i-pod and have ten times as much space for three times as much.

On the other hand, I also need a cell phone. I haven't owned my own phone since 2003, not being in a communicative mood as you might say. I don't really like cell phones as they are irritating when they cut into ongoing conversations. Theres not much more annoying than getting into the heart of a matter with a friend when some moron who isn't even present to be scowled at, interjects with a nauseating blast of music and a ten minute monologue on their own inane problems.

Such is modern life however that one must be slaved to instant communication with any one who wishes to annoy you, thus I must have a phone so I can at least attempt to be cordial to people who want something. (I can already feel my self sliding back into oblivion just thinking about it)

Any way, I've now perused the options and decided that the best, and cheapest, alternative is to buy a phone which can also play music! Granted, the best I can see so far in my extensive (2 hour) browse is a 2Gb capacity on a phone which costs nothng at all (the money is made on the service charge of course).
2 Gb doesn't sound like much, but according to the blurb, its 1,250 tracks and thats more than enough for me! Sans head phones, the total price is 180 kroner. Now I just have to decide whether to buy a Nokia or a Sony Ericsson...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej Jan,
You know, you can turn the sound off on a mobile so it doesn't disturb your `ongoing conversasion´. The mobile is the soundest option but be sure to check the small print and the costs. Looking forward to welcoming you back to the 21st century HA HA. Hows the Gullit? Also looking forward to seeing you all next week-end.
love

Historiker-Palle said...

I got a Sony-Ericsson that I am very pleased with. Gave Stine my brand new w880i when she broke hers, as it seemed it would last about ten minutes in my hands though and that is the Sony-Ericsson with 2 gig memory. I was never fond of Nokia though I like Finns, so I recommend Sony-Ericsson.