Sunday, December 02, 2007

...thats strange.

Since December 1st, I've notice that opening images on Blogger now requires me to accept the image as a down load (see below image) into a seperate window or directly on to my drive. When ever I try to open an older image I don't get this, and I don't seem to get it any where else but blogger (though its sometimes hard to know when images have been uploaded else where) so I assume its a new feature by Blogger. Has any one else noticed this? I'm assuming this is some kind of new security feature since it happens to me regardless of which browser I'm using.

8 comments:

brando said...

Yes!

Thank you for posting this, as I was worried that I was the only one. It must be a blogger change, and it started yesterday for me too.

I really liked that old feature, because when I want to look at pictures up close, I don't want a big ordeal.

moif said...

I'm betting they'e had issues with links embedded into pictures that went to nasty places and they want to make sure people take responsibility for their 'clicking behaviour'.

Earlier today, whilst reading about the new Indiana Jones film I followed a link at IMDb and found myself being pestered by a malware pop up. I can imagine that if that happened on a blog some people might complain about such things to the host site so they're covering themselves.

Its annoying though.

brando said...

Do you notice that when you download the pic, then you cycle through what you'd think is one pic, you really have a whole mess of those teeny advertisement pics?

Those sneaky jerks.

moif said...

No. I haven't noticed that at all... WTF?

Unknown said...

Hi Moif,
Just checked on blogger and there is something weird going on to do with the url of pictures on blogger. I've spotted it on the Grimsby Wargaming blog as well as my own. Older posts are ok.
A temporary fix is available.
You can find it here:
http://knownissues.blogspot.com/

moif said...

Thanks GG. I'll look into that at once!

brando said...

Sweet. I just did the workaround and it feels soooooo good.

moif said...

More strabgeness from blogger. Now I'm not receiveing any e mail notifications regarding comments!