Monday, November 05, 2007

Guards! Seize them!

The Takshendal project slowly crawls ever onwards. I've put the buildings aside for the mean time as I have to get the various figures I need painted. This lot will be the wall guards, though later they will be modified into Teutonic Order foot soldiers (the purpose for which they were originally bought) by means of a single black stripe across their shields to form the Teutonic crusifix heraldry. At some point in the distant future I'd like to play a campaign based on the Order Teutonica and these figures are a step towards that end. I need to buy and paint more of them but for now, these guys suit my schemes perfectly.

Next up are the civilians. I've been collecting civvies for a while now and I've bought every single one I could find over the course of the last few years (except those by Foundry Miniatures which cost a bomb). Alas, this only comes to some 44 men, women and children (and 3 royals) most of whom are in dubious attitudes and none of whom actually fit the early Rennaisance period. 28mm gaming figure manufacturers don't have much of a need for civilians I guess so I must make do with whats available.

No comments: