Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Constitution Day

Today is Denmarks Constitution day. The day when we Danes celebrate our freedom by doing as little as possible. Its also my friends Malene's birthday bash but I'm so under the weather today that I'm not up for being social (...when am I ever?). Mette's brother Kristian has been hanging around the last week or so and I've been up to my eye balls in various small projects that need to be finished. In fact I'm drowning in myriad small inconsequential idea's and projects that require completion as soon as possible.

Whats worse is I have half a dozen idea's clamouring for attention at the back of my mind as well, none of which are remotely practical to the question of existance, nor likely to generate any funds either. I did have the idea of making and selling small traction engine models for 28mm gaming, specifially to people interesting in the Boer to first world war period, but I don't really have the first idea as to how to go about mass producing white metal models.


In the mean time I am quite content for being 'under the weather' in this case means enjoying the summer weather regardless of a pounding headache. Today has hinted at a really nice hot long summer and hopefully, if this weather holds, I can take Mette and Freja to the beach in the week end and go swimming in the sea.
-
edited to add image

-

2 comments:

marinergrim said...

As for producing white metal models - a number of companies contract out their casting and sculpting and have it done under license. Have a look at Hasslefree Miniatures - Kev White, the owner, does most of the sculpting but it's all contract cast.

moif said...

Heh! I recognize some of those FU UK figs!

Nice site. I may have to buy some of those figs at some point! Thanks for the link MM.

What do you reckon? Do you think a Boer war/ww1 traction engine model would sell?
I'm going to build one eventually, its just a questio of whether or not I can be othered to try and sell it as a wargaming model. I have no experience in selling stuff like that.