Thursday, January 04, 2007

2007

Another year and not much to say about it, except Happy New Year to any one who strolls by. I don't have much to say these days. Most of my time is spent in bed, playing with Freja or EVE when I'm feeling okay. Two days back I seemed to have some sort of relapse and spent the day groaning into a bucket and fending off my boisterous daughter who insisted on hopping on my belly. Last night Freja kicked up such a fuss that I thought perhaps she was feeling the same thing. The current symptoms invole a sharp cramp in the stomach, slight nausea and an ongoing feeling of drowsiness. Hopefully this will pass soon. I've been much the same every xmas & new year for the last four years. I don't know what causes it, but this season always seems to hit me very hard.
I also have the obligatory New Years sore throat (another ailment that hits me every single bloody year!). Any way, enough whining about illness, I'll hopefully have something actually interesting to write about soon.

4 comments:

marinergrim said...

Perhaps these afflications for the festive season are pyschosomatic. stress is well known to lower the bodies resistance to infections.

Cue three men hanging on crucifixes "If life sems jolly roten, there's something you've forgotten, And that's to laugh and adance and smile and sing....."

Not wishing to trivialise what you're going through Moif just trying to cheer you up!

moif said...

Well, you got me singing to the Snoos if nothing else

=)

bucket said...

I weas thinking the same thing moif, does the holiday season stress you out?

moif said...

Not that I can feel. I get stressed out by my family though and xmas is a time when I'm obliged to be with them.

Its not that I dislike my family, they just seem to get under my skin and have this effect on me.