Tuesday, October 03, 2006

EVE online

I'm being seduced.

For years I've been waiting for a certain day to arrive. The day when a seriously large scale and complex, online, fully interactive, deep space combat system was available, along with all needed wealth of detail and political possibilities ...and the day when my computer was fast and big enough for me to join in.
That day has finally arrived and the only thing standing between me and the pleasure of enveloping myself in this interesting new virtual reality is my guilty conscience because I know that just at the moment, we can't afford me to drop out of the world for three weeks, which always happens when I discover a new computer game, (which is why I so seldom play them) and the price. EVE online costs 14 Euro's a month to play and at the moment I'm sort of strapped for cash as we are in transition period between Mette's maternity leave and her searching for a new job.

...but in November. Its my birthday. Heh heh heh heh...

12 comments:

Cyan said...

Heh...

I completely understand the seduction of games. I generally get sucked into RPGs (Arcanum is my favourite), but recently my obssession has been the Syberia series which is more of a puzzle solving adventure game.

I've tended to stay away from the mmorpgs, because I don't want to have the monthly fees associated with the games. I like the idea of paying for the software and then being done with it, but I almost changed my mind with World of Warcraft.

moif said...

I will fork out any amount within my ability if it feeds my hunger for escapism.

Its really hard for me to wait until November to join up to EVE. I've spent most of the last few days reading up about it all and trying to get a feel for it.

It sounds very similar to a game I once had called Homeworld.

Cyan said...

Do you have an Amazon wishlist?

moif said...

I do. Its full of history books. If you want to see it then you'll have to show me yours...

Cyan said...

I'll show you mine. :P

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/1CH2QUVH0FC3B

I don't have much on it, actually.

moif said...

I do... alas... so many books and so little money!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=topnav__w_h_/202-3389884-5013455?ie=UTF8

Cyan said...

Doh... The link cut off.

I tried searching via your name, but it didn't come up.

moif said...

Odd. Its worked before but not now. Frelling computers!

Search under my name at the Amazon.co.uk site:

Jan Christensen

I'm the third one down as you can see
=)

moif said...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=cs_nav_top_wl/202-3389884-5013455

Cyan said...

Thank you. I see it now. :)

I had initially spelled your last name incorrectly.

moif said...

Did you use an o?

Scandinavian names are divided into two seperate groups, the Swedish 'sons' and the Danish 'sens'. You can often tell where in Scandinavia people come/came from by their surnames.

Norwegians are a bit of both though so they're often more difficult to place.

Cyan said...

My maiden name is Swedish (Anderson), but I actually spelled yours Christiansen.