Sunday, October 01, 2006

Artist of the Month: Carol Peace

I don't really know much about Carol Peace. She is about my age and comes from Yorkshire in the north of the UK. She did her BA at the Winchester School of Art and wrote her thesis on Rodin and The Representation of Movement. I came across her whilst surfing one day and was impressed by the 'quality of her line' as my old tutor used to call it. She doesn't have much of a web presence so I don't have too many of her works in my archive, but those I have seen put her firmly in the figurative camp and I hope she will have a long and productive career, in the manner of Lucien Freud perhaps?

4 comments:

Cyan said...

Wow. Her work is really lovely.

moif said...

Nice and straight forward as well. No messing about with a message or any such bollocks. Just the introverted beauty and joy of the human form.

=)

Cyan said...

That works for me!

I don't like the idea that every piece of art needs to have a message, and quite frankly, I think that a lot of people create their work and then come up with the message after the fact. That's the only way that I can explain some of the bullshit artist statements that I've read.

moif said...

Boy you said it!