Monday, October 16, 2006

A dream.

I dreamt I was in a computer game of some sort. I passed by a French, or maybe Spanish cathedral and saw all the statues had been removed or defaced. Where once had stood proud knights in armour, only the empty rusting brackets that once held them in place remained and the faces of the saints had been chipped away, their identity wiped clean from history. I stumbled past these vandalized ruins of European civilisation and wept.

I was in a lodge of some sort, all wood and sheet glass windows and the inhabitants were angry. I'd climbed onto the roof where a pinnacle boasted two maltese crosses in slate blue. With paint, I changed one of the crosses to a ying yang symbol.

Inside the building, which was elegant and austere I sat in an open and dark lounge area. Some one approached me and spoke to me but I do not remember who it was now. I knew him but he was older. His manner was calm and friendly. He was happy to see me and offered sympathy, but for what I do not know.

I was still in the game and stood in the inner courtyard gardens of a great Chinese fortress. Around me the moss covered walls rose up to distant battlements. There were other people there and some were Chinese and others Mongols. The Chinese were in armour and were soldiers and warrior, the masters of the place. The Mongols were gardeners and servants. A Chinese warlord pushed me to the ground and laughed at my tears. he kicked me with a dismissive air and walked away, through a gateway to where other Chinese soldiers stood in ranks, waiting. I knew him, he was lord of the fortress.

The Gardeners came over and comforted me. "Why are you crying?" they asked.
"Because they have destroyed my civilisation and cast it down into the dirt I replied.
"The Chinese did the same to us" they replied, "but look here".
They pointed to the walls of the fortress and cunningly hidden in the pattern of its masonry was the lost story of the Mongol people.
"Here is our future" they smiled. "And a plan for an attack."

I was with a Mongol girl. Amongst our people she had once been a princess but now like me she was a serf. The warlord had noted the girl and lusted for her but she refused his untoward advances and social taboo had protected her.
In a fit of jealousy the warlord, finding us talking together, slit her throat and once again I broke down crying. Her death meant the end of my world and I had nothing left to live for.

I was sitting with a fat old Asian man who had long whispy facial hair.
"Game Over" he told me.

2 comments:

marinergrim said...

Dude, you need to stop eating ceese before you go to bed!

moif said...

Yeah, that alien sea weed is murder on the brain.

=)

Good dream though. Very surreal