Monday, April 10, 2006

Beer.

Although I don’t drink the stuff, I do take a passing interest in it since it’s been one of the staples of the European diet for a very long time. Also, my gaming friends are all into ‘speciality’ beers so over the last few years I’ve been exposed to a wide variety of interesting bottle shapes. At one point I tried to understand which beers were the good ones but my efforts at acquiring new beers (when it was my turn to make food) were so ill fated that I soon gave up. According to DR today, the interest for new beers is a nation wide trend and no less than 30 new ‘micro breweries’ are expected to start business this year. Maybe the age of Carlsberg’s domination of the Danish beer culture is finally coming to an end? One can only hope so. Maybe we’ll get extra lucky and see and end to Arla whilst we’re at it!?

No comments: