Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Medium tanks


On the right is the 12 ton medium tank, which is proving to be a real learning experience as I've made several mistakes along the way, both in design and construction. There is a lot of fiddly work which is more like sculpture than I care for, and I am not really good at it. I've run into multiple glue issues, with parts warping, bits falling off or just failing to stay stuck together because the various kinds of plastics I have, don't all act the same way. I'm more or less happy with what I've got so far, even though I discovered the day after I'd  glued all the treads onto the track, they were backwards 

On the left is the beginnings of my second tank model; a 20 ton, twin-turret, medium tank inspired by the Vickers Medium Mk III, the Churchill, the Char 2c, and the T-28.


No comments: