Thursday, January 05, 2012

2012

I finally managed to reach a solution with regards to Vilde. I now go to sleep at 2200 each evening and get up at 0600. This cuts down on my ability to work in the evenings and at night, something I've done since I was eighteen, but gives me loads more energy during the day. Its a nice feeling to get up early and have loads of day light, etc, but the truth is, I also feel a bit like a fish out of water. Furthermore, it just feels wrong to paint figures during the day. Figure painting is a hobby and should really be done in the spare time one has during the evening, but when I have nothing more urgent to do, I usually get on with what ever needs doing for my various gaming projects.

As far as I can work out, I've lost roughly two hours of free time, per day, since Vilde was born. Luckily she just started at day care this week, so for the first time in almost a year, I have that free time during the day.

Subsequently I've slowly, but surely been painting my Africans.

3 comments:

marinergrim said...

I'm surprised you have any free time with small children running around. I seem to remember running out of clean cups because we never managed to drink a whole cup and would invariably leave them scattered around the house because the children needed attention.
Good luck.

moif said...

LOL We get that too with Mette. I always drink my coffee from the same cup however, so I am obliged to wash it if I want coffee.

Historiker-Palle said...

Up early and to bed early is healthiest for us. Glad that solution works.