Monday, July 12, 2010

Time to catch up...

Things are so strange at the moment. I feel like I'm standing at a significant junction in life and I'm not certain which path leads where. Somethings grind on inexorably, dental appointments must be kept, children require feeding, the summer is hot and life seems as it always has. Age however has crept up on me in ways I failed to anticipate.

My father is currently lying in a deep sleep, in the ICU ward in Silkeborg hospital after they moved him from Ã…rhus. In my previous post I wrote he'd had a heart attack, but Oleg pointed out that this was a mistranslation. What he's actually had was a blood clot in one of the arteries of his heart. This happened during the early hours of Monday 5th and so I spent the second half of my two week vacation sitting in the intensive care unit, watching my Father sleeping, and occasionally suffering convulsions. So far he has not woken up. He has had numerous scans and tests done and everything seems normal. The doctors say he may take some time to wake up, or he may never wake up ever again. There is no way to know.

Now I am back at work again, the holiday is over and I crave a return to the dull, but predictable routine of my daily life.

Note there is more to tell, but as of yet I cannot reveal the other big issue which is currently weighing on my mind... in the mean time I have some blogging to do to catch up with past events and books read, etc.

2 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

"I began to realize how simple life could be if one had a regular routine to follow with fixed hours, a fixed salary, and very little original thinking to do." Roald Dahl

So true....

moif said...

I'm currently living in very interesting times, alas.