Thursday, September 03, 2009

learning to draw....

Yesterday was my brother Phiip's birthday. Usually I remember this, but yesterday I forgot because my mind was so distracted that I hadn't realised that it was September. Getting paid for August, and the imminent arrival of my Intuous4L were uppermost in mind.

Sure enough, when I got home, the Intuous was awaiting me, and I unpacked it with no thought to the rest of the world. I might still have managed to remember the date if it weren't for the problems of getting the device to work, but the drivers supplied with the board were unable to communicate with the Scandinavian language Windows XP I have installed on my computer. Such is the advantage of actually paying for XP...

Luckily, before I short circuited in frustration, I discovered (after some prompting from Oleg) that there was help to be found online, and an updated driver was available for download. Finally the board worked and I immediately set about painting squiggles and lines in photoshop.

Its not as easy as I had hoped and its going to take some getting used to.

No comments: