Saturday, August 08, 2009

I don't wanna sleep!

So now only the week end remains of my holiday, and then its back to work, and if all goes according to plan, full employment. I don't know what I'm going to be doing when I get back, there are several possibilities, some more interesting than others, but one thing I hope to find time to work on is a series of four paintings of Århus street scenes. Inspired by last months artist of the month; Mark Lagüe I'm hoping to be able to push myself beyond anything I've managed thus far. The first picture I'd like to start on is all the people sitting in the sun, drinking coffee on Klostertorv.

In other news, I'm back on the diet again, and this time its for real. No half measures like last time, and this time, no stopping to pat my back after 10 k. I have to get down to my natural weight because where I am now is just too damned uncomfortable. Its no fun to have difficulty when tying your shoes laces! Some good news is, the daily cycle rides into work have paid off. Yesterday I cycled out to Moesgaard, which is something I've not done for about six months, and I found that I had no trouble what so ever on the hills. All I have to do now is figure out how to go about training the other 90% of my muscles so I don't fall over with a heart attack next time I climb the stairs carrying a whining daughter!



Life is good. For now.

7 comments:

Historiker-Palle said...

Oh noes the diet again. I had bought and saved loads of the Bassets good stuff for you when Fakta had a special offer over a month back. I have looked at it, drooled and thought how I must save it as a friendly gesture towards you. And you are on the diet again :-(

Oh well, guess I can eat it with a good conscience then.

moif said...

Go for it!

This diet is going to take a long time and there will be no snow balling exceptions this time

Historiker-Palle said...

The important thing is to increase physical activity. That is what really helps...

Jan (moif) said...

Oh I'm getting that in bucket loads. My daily uphill cycle trek is deffo having the desired effect.

If I can keep this up for six months, I might actually manage to reach my recommended BMI

mlj said...

That's great moif - pleased to hear that you're getting some exercise in! Keep it up :.)

And congrats on the permanent job in sight.. All your hard work has paid off!

moif said...

So far its working out well. Yesterday was one of those brilliant days of absolute clarity, when for no apparent reason, everything is larger than life with colours in technicolour and each experience bringing a laugh of pure joy.

I cycled home and was caught in a torrential down pour. It was great, Ceres krydset (a road junction) was 20 cm deep in water when I went through it, and I was drenched to the skin everywhere but under my new rain coat. I hadn't put the trousers on because I was going home anyway.

When I got to our front door, I met Mette and Freja, both soaked, coming home from the børnehave (kindergarten) and we all had a good laugh at each other.

moif said...

I was on my bike BTW