Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rocketman characters

I currently have no more than about three hours every day to devote to my own devices. I know that most adult human beings in the western world will not think this is at all strange, but for me, its a new and some what curious development. I was told that having a job, and children would make for very little time and that I'd be too tired to do anything once the kids were put to bed. This has not proven to be the case and although my output has been severely reduced, it has not been curtailed entirely. Quite the opposite in fact. I find the less time I have the more concentrated I become, and although I have now put aside Rocketman until after my current deadline at work, and my summer holiday which starts on the 18th of this month, I do have a few individual finished figures to display.

North African characters, all by Artizan.

The figure on the left is apparently modelled on the Guardian of the Holy Grail from the film 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'.
The centre figure is a French Legionaire type which will be used in RM5, as Dominique Lavarre, Second in command of the pirate ship Le Mollusc.
The figure on the right appears to modelled on the character of Beni, from the film, 'The Mummy'.

..

The figure on the left is by Copplestone and was used as Moros, the villain of the RM4 games.
The centre figure is a Black Tree German officer which I have adapted, and will use in RM5 as Captain Wangai of the pirate ship Le Mollusc.
The figure to the right is another from Artizan's Thrilling Tales range and appears to be modelled on Che Guvarra, though I shall not be using it as such as he doesn't make an appearance in Rocketman.

Le Mollusc is an old French tramp steamer, long since fallen into decay and disrepute. Abandoned by her original owners in Indochine, then bought, sold and gambled from owner to owner she is now currently the property of a motley band, the dregs of the south seas, a crew of smugglers, pirates and mercenaries commanded by the enigmatic Captain Wangai. Le Mollusc is armed. Her primary armament is a single French 75mm main gun mounted in the bow. She also carries a twin .50 cal battery which can be employed as an anti-aircraft battery. The ships sides and super structure give +2 effective cover.

The model is made of card, and painted with acrylic paint. It measures 73cm in length, 20cm wide and roughly 20cm tall. The superstructure comes apart to reveal some internal rooms but the hull is closed. As is apparent from a close inspection of the image, the model is still a work in progress, but only details remain and the model is good to go, except for one missing staircase and some internal walls.

More to follow.

No comments: