Thursday, January 29, 2009

Saxons


In the last few weeks, I've been slowly painting my Saxon's and lamenting their imbalance in forces. Saxon's are mostly iron age people and as such would not have a great many armoured warriors. Alas, I have more Saxons wearing mail than without, so my ability to field a realistic Saxon war band is greatly diminished. The only solution is the acquisition of further miniatures as soon as possible! Alas, I shall probably not have much time for painting after the next week as I am both busy at work, and shall have another small moifling puttering about the place!

In anticipation of purchasing more unarmoured warriors and skirmishers in the future, I have divided my current stock into three distinct war bands. Most of these figures will feature in the concluding battle of TDM: chapter six.


2 comments:

marinergrim said...

Good looking figures Moif although I can't help thinking that a drybrush over the base would lift them a little.

What make are they?

moif said...

Black tree design. I bought them ages ago, before the metal prices went up and BTD introduced their exorbitant new handling prices for Europe.

I prefer my bases to be as neutral as possible, without being just a plain black disk. To that end, I cover them with sand and paint it olive green. In the old days I used to use flock, but I've decided I don't like it. Simpler bases gives the figures a more symbolic 'chess like' feel, rather than looking like a modellers efforts. I guess its a question of style.