Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More animation


I saw 'Skywhales' when I was a boy and it stayed in my imagination ever since. Odd to see it now through the magic of You Tube. Its so much shorter than I remember, and much less detailed. Over the years I've added a great many details to it in my imagination.

Rene Laloux 'Gandahar' 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The art work looks like it was inspired by Caza (or maybe its the other way around).
Rene Laloux 'Le Planéte Sauvage' 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This is another classic from years back. Can't actually recall when I saw this one first time. Just remember it made an impression. I've never seen or heard of 'Gandahar' though.

Here are a few contemporary works of animation.

Hardcover & Paperback
Red Ocean
Mars Science Laboratory Mission
The Ratrix
The Great Vince Balducci
Solar
Jotun
Oxota

2 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

The one I always remember is this one - absolutely wierd, stayed with me for forty odd years now:

http://uk.geocities.com/singringtree/s/shortstory.html

moif said...

Can't say I've ever heard of that one at all. Looks well freaky