Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sept 11th in retrospect


This is the first year the anniversay passed without a feeling of immediacy. It feels as if the event has finally been allowed to pass into history and its easier for me to look back on that day now without instantly recalling the feeling of awe and sadness. I think this feeling is compounded by the feeling that the era of GW Bush is finally coming to an end and also because the threat of al qaeda appears to have been neutered by good intelligence services and a dollop of fortune. The cynic in me wonders if this is because Russia now back as the bad guy and the dark forces of conspiring trans national leaders don't need the al qaeda bogey man any more, but some how I doubt the world is that simple.

How long I wonder before the next big thing happens?

No comments: