Saturday, July 26, 2008

Your carriage awaits

I had hoped to have this model finished before our summer holiday, but alas, its not quite done yet.
Its been a difficult model to make, since I've had very little reference material to work from. Its a Rennaisance era carriage, from the days before metal spring suspension. Designed to carry six people, its body hangs in leather straps suspended from the chassis. Note pictures 2 and 3 are facing the opposite direction to picture 4. At this point I still need to find a driver and attach him, and the whole thing needs a final coat of paint, to inclue all the metallic surfaces, and some decoration. The wheels and horses came from Front Rank.


The chassis is made of pine and the body is made of 3mm card. The scorching marks happened because I used a lighter to clear away the 'flash' from when I cut the card.



The whole thing is painted with enamels. I still haven't gotten around to using acrylics yet.
Thats it for me now.
I'm off to France for ten days.

4 comments:

brando said...

Your models pretty much kick butt.

Anonymous said...

Agreed!

Cyan said...

Nice work! Is this also for use in a game?

Anonymous said...

Yes, its technically a baggage counter, but will also be used as a terrain feature from time to time.

French keyboards are weird. Some of the keys are in the wrong place!

(moif from a French internet cafe)