Friday, July 11, 2008

moif world update: the impending summer

Heres what I'm listening to at the moment....



Today was Freja's last day at day care. She now has a four week summer holiday, two weeks of which should see us in the South of France with Mettes parents and 'Uncle Krigga' before she starts kindergarten. We've been lucky enough to get her enrolled in a 'forest kindergarten', so each day she will be bussed off to Moesgaard forest to a place where the kids get to spend most of their time outdoors doing out doors kids stuff. It should do her a world of good and be a vast improvement on watching Winnie the Pooh DVD's at home (which is what she's doing right now).

In other news, I have begun a training period at a small graphics place, getting myself trained up. I'm due to start on a course when we get back from holiday, learning all the software I've been neglecting to learn these past many years. I'm hoping to find some one who will give me a job as an illustrator at some point in the not too distant future. The place I'm at now, have shown some interest, but I'm uncertain whether their declerations of interest extent to the offer of a job later on. Right now I'm just regarding it as training and taking each brief as it comes.

Mette is doing well. She's been suffering far more bouts of tiredness and nausea this time around, but is soldiering on at work, where she has just supervised her first photo shoot. I saw some of the pics and they're really good. If I can, I'll post a few examples here.

I've been pondering boys names. Mette likes Sejr, which is Danish for Victory, but as it rhymes with Freja, and seems a bit boombastic to me, I'm not too happy with it. Last time around we considered the name Leander, which I quite like, but Mette has since taken a dislike too. If its a girl, we're thinking of the name Molly, which we both like. I prefer nordic names, and dislike biblical names which I feel carry far too much baggage, but Mette is not as constricted. She doesn't see names in the same way I do.

I quite like the names Gustav and Emil...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Leander. Never heard it.

I also like Ariel for a boy or a girl. Well, really I just like gender-neutral names. Incorrect spelling is okay. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree on the biblical names, keep clear of them, as for Leander, think of it in Danish not English. Looking forward to meeting 'it' no matter what you call 'it'. Vi glæder os helt vildt