Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The moif supremacy

Woke up this morning and for a moment I couldn't remember who I was. The world was spinning about me and I heard the distant sound of The Cult in the back of my mind. Something was nagging at me, something dangerous. There was a presence close by.

I rolled out of bed, cat like, bringing up the concealed pistol but the enemy was on me, springing from the shadows. We grappled briefly, he was strong and fast, but I countered his attack easily. I parried the short knife that came from no where and broke his wrist, kicking him back into the mirror and then shooting him quickly through the temple. Felt good but I was still dazed and confused. Who was I?

The second attack happened on the street as I exited the apartment. Two men, former KGB by the look of them were sitting in a merc across the street. They saw me at the same time I saw them. One of them pulled up a Remmington, jacking a shell into the chamber. I wasted no time. I crossed the street straight forward bringing the pistol up and...

Wait a minute, thats not how it was... I need to stop eating cheese at 2am. What actually happened was Freja woke me up by standing on my face this morning. I (eventually) staggered to the kitchen to make her some breakfast after parking her in front of Winnie the Pooh. Mette was still asleep and I woke her up. I'd only been asleep three hours or so and unless she had a good excuse, I didn't fancy taking the Snoos to day care.

Later in the day I went to se my Mother on the cancer ward. She's feeling okay, all things considered, but she's still got a fever and temp and they can't tell her why. Amongst other pleasantries we discussed my grandmothers funeral (on saturday) and the fact that my youngest brother has just been diagnosed with the same condition I have.
There after I walked through the city, enjoying the autumn air and marvelling at the leaves which have reached that point in their lives when they are red, orange, coppery gold and so beautiful it takes your breath away.



Escapism is a survival trait!

No comments: