Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Village store


I've reached an impasse with the Cthulhu House as I've run out of the nut wood planking I use for the internal wall surfaces and floors. I only need about ten more strips, but these must be bought from the architect college's shop and so until I next visit that shop, I've been working on a model, the parts for which I do have; 'a village store'. This model is based on a building from the movie 'Sleepy Hollow' (shown above) and when its finished, will hopefully have a used, 'lived in' look about it. The main roof will be thatched and the over hang tiled with something 'greenish and wood like'.

This is a very easy model to build since it is small, requires no polyfilla and all the wood is pine (easier to work with that nut wood). There is a small apartment on the second level with a balconey to the front. I haven't decided about the internal walls yet, but I will add a FIMO chimney I think.

---

.
I've also pulled off the original tile roof from my half finished inn model (this is a model I intend to finish in the near future. I'd sort of lost interest in the model when the roof didn't work as intended. The plaster tiling which I'd bought online was just too heavy, messy and seems to have warped the card underlay. Since I've now taken to using the card tile method, I decided to completely redo the inn roof. I feel the inn model is just too big and important to me to leave it with a defect roof. Also, since all the other models will now have the flatter card tile look, it will make the inn more homogenous.

.

10 comments:

marinergrim said...

Excellent building work as always.

Anonymous said...

Hey moif, I went to email you and had the email returned undeliverable. Did you change your addy and not tell me? *sniff*
;^)

Ebs

moif said...

I guess I did. Ooops.Try again, but instead of stofanet.dk, write mail.dk

brando said...

Holy Crap.

You are the man. That gaming terrain looks great. I've built some stuff myself (mostly for 40k), and it looked nothing like that. I usually had to explain what the different parts were. "This is a trench line, but these are just bushes." I have some knowledge of how much time, effort, and skill go into a fun and spot on game setting. You are the master. Let no man say otherwise.

I'm sitting here looking at an unpainted starter kit for Warmachine and I know it will turn out looking like poop when I turn my paintbrush loose on em. But of course, painted models fight better.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
moif said...

Thanks Brando. I've almost finished the village store and I'll post the finished model images in a few days times.

Which models have you bought? My frinds and I do not play 40k, or any other GW game. We all started on D&D, and GW games back in the 80's, but these days we only do home made stuff. I prefer historical skirmish games myself.

I'd love to do full scale war games but I don't have the space or the money for it. I try to stay well within my limits otherwise I'd be spinning out of control off in all sorts of directions and nothing would ever get finished.

So I still to three main area's. Rocketman/1936, RobinHood/medieval, and pre steamship naval.

My friends all run traditinal fantasy roleplaying games, but I've lost interest in these as time has passed.

Anonymous said...

In 40K I used to play Dark Angels, because I really liked their theme. But I quit and sold my force on e-bay, because GW are crooks and ratcheted up the price too much.

Warmachine, from Privateer Press, can be played with far fewer models, and has more streamlined rules. Plus, the first thing that sold me on 40K was the dreadnaughts, and Warmachine is centered around coal burning war robots. Fun, fun, fun.

I thought seriously about choosing Cygnar (blue ones), because those are clearly the Americans, but then I went with Menoth.

moif said...

The cool mechanoid figures on your Gencon post... where they for war machine?

And if the blues are American, what are the Menoth?

brando said...

On my post it was just some random one.

I suppose the white would be Vatican City.

It's just like every other game concept. There are 4 factions. Blue, White, Red, and Black.

Blue = Americans = well rounded
White = Priests = burn the heritic
Red = Russian = slow and powerful
Black = Undead = fast and crunchy

Andrew Glazebrook said...

This looks super so far !!!