Friday, May 04, 2007

-ROCKETMAN III-


Chapter Two of Rocketman III was a small skirmish centered around a large, crumbling house and its over grown garden. Rocketman and his allies were trying to get into the grounds to rescue Audrey Summers (Rocketman's fiance) and Korsakov's evil henchmen were trying to prevent them. To this end, they had various Kazakhstani bandits hiding in the gardens and a small group of riflemen and a machine gunner round the back. The two opposing sides consisted of:
Rocketman (the Hero).
George Macarthur (his trusty side kick and mechanic).
'Mad Dog' Mitchell (a sturdy Texan with a big gun).
The Colonel
Sgt Sternov
10 Bolshevik riflemen.

Vs.

Yuri (Korsakov's Captain)
4 Iron Guards riflemen
1 Iron Guard Lewis gunner
Olga (Korsakov's ally)
10 Kazakh tribal bandits


Map.


I'm afraid Chapter 2 just didn't go well at all. Oleg and I played Korsakov's side and we were hammered. We just finished the game two hours ago and I'm brooding on what went wrong (as I mine some Veldspar for my EVE Corp before I go to bed). First off, Thursday 3rd May 2007 was a truly rotten day. Mette's best chance at a decent job in ages floundered (though she came close enough to get us dreaming of economic salvation), our dear friend Malene lost her brother to leukemia and he was buried today (Mette attended the funeral but I couldn't face it), my younger brother imposed himself upon my hospitality (and my patience) and the die just kept rolling really horrible rolls. What with Tuesdays relapse and the food being served so late we had to remove a lot of the game, it really wasn't the best RM game we've tried... in fact it may have been the worst ever from my POV since I was practically wiped out and my sniper tactics made no difference at all. Not one lousy kill in the whole game!


3 comments:

marinergrim said...

Sorry to hear about the day Moif.

Just don't give up.

Anonymous said...

The die gives and the die takes away.

When you get a day of rolling badly, you need to line up all your other dice and make them watch as you pulverize the "bad roller" with a hammer.

It may not work, but the stress relief is amazing. LOL

moif said...

My friend Palle always recommends burning them by light fluid.