Saturday, April 28, 2007

Moesgaard


To the south of Århus is Moesgaard forest, the road through which leads to Moesgaard beach (and the Viking museum). As a part of my new weekly routine and if the weather permits, I cycle out there at least once a week and I really enjoy the trip. Moesgaard is not a huge forest, nor is it as unkept as I'd prefer, but its very pleasant, especially at this time of year!


On the way back I usually stroll for a bit and look for interesting bits n' pieces and small sticks and twigs I can use for models. Every so often I just stop and take in the sheer beauty of it all. Yesterday I walked half of the way back through the forest and listened to the 'Kingdom of Heaven' soundtrack whilst my imagination ran riot... if I could only realise ten percent of the things I dream up when I'm wandering about by myself in such a fertile ambience!


Yesterday was my second trip through the forest this week and by the time I got home I was totally wiped out. Today I've got aches and pains every where and a constantly twinge in my foot that threatens to cramp. Mette wondered if I was not over doing it, but the truth is, I wanted to do it again today and only the over cast clouds kept me at home (that and I had to look after the Snoos).


The bottom image is the beach as it was on wednesday. By friday there were people sunbathing though no one frolicking in the sea yet.





-

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does seem to be a fine spring day there. Enjoy while you can.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is, I am known as Coconut Ent to you.

moif said...

Yes, I remembered your name straight away since you are both the only person I know who has that name and the only person I know from Malaysia.

I hope your doing well my friend. Its really good to 'see' you again.

I see you have a blog also. I shall immedietely add it to my friends online list!

=)

mlj said...

great fotos, moif! looks wonderful...

Anonymous said...

Moesgård museum concerns itself with history, anthropology, archeology, etc., not just Viking.

As well as the normal research, archives and conventional exhibits, there are various reconstructions outside, including buildings (a Viking church, a passage grave, etc.).

Areas of the woods close to the museum are attempts to reconstruct the vegetation of this part of Denmark in various historical periods.
Some of these are pretty tangled woods.
Other bits are somewhat spoiled by mountain bike tracks.
These projects arn't that old, so there aren't enough really old trees (there are old trees; leftovers from the estate which became the museum grounds).
Unfortunately the photos are mostly of accessable, fairly conventional, though still rather pleasant bits of woodland.

Oleg

moif said...

I don't go off the path at all. I'm worried about getting 'stuck'. As long as I'm on my bike I can keep going but when I'm walking there is always the possibility of a psychosomatic induced relapse (happens too often to ignore)

I haven't been in to the museum in over ten years!

Cyan said...

Beautiful forest! I can imagine how amazing it is to wander through it while listening to the Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack...so much sensory stimulation for the imagination. :)