Monday, December 04, 2006

moif world update

Been generally feeling low of late and as a result I haven't been in any state to write anything here. In fact I've spent most of my spare time playing EVE, and debating stuff at AD and ignoring the world at large. Christmas is approaching and every year I suddenly remember that I actually hate Christmas. This year I intend to do things my way for once and hold Christmas at home. I'm really looking forward to having just the three main days as Christmas and to hell with the rest of it. No doubt I sound callous, but most every year Christmas has been scene to some ridiculous drama or other and I'm sick of it. Also, of late my various ailments have been giving me a lot of problems and after 13 years of this affliction its really starting to wear me down now. I don't know how much longer I can keep going without surgury.

Being constantly awoken by the Snoos hasn't helped much either. In the last two weeks she's gotten ever more craving and apt to start crying when she wakes up. I really miss the days when she'd wake up with a big smile on her face.
Starting day care and the winter darkness has really changed a lot since those blessed days.

Currently Mette and I are sleeping in the living room since Freja has a tendency to wake up around 4am, see us lying asleep and start up the sort of screeching one might normally associate with dying animals (or Nazgûl). Can't say I mind sleeping in the front room though. The Snoos is a notoriously light sleeper and the slightest creak or sigh, or even just the rustle of the bed clothes can set her off so its a relief to be able to go to bed without having to worry about making any noise at all.

Apart from that, she is coming along very well. At 15½ months she is fully mobile, almost speaking actual words (just a few) and has a cheeky sense of humour when she's in a good mood. She loves to hug and gives out lots of snotty kisses. She gets on pretty well with other people and so far hasn't reacted badly to any one, Apart from us, her favourite people seem to be her Mormor (maternal grandmother) my friend Oleg, and Mette's friend Malene. Of these she's see's Oleg the most, but reacts to Mormor the most. Its clear to any one there is a common feeling between them.
Really though she seems to like most people and is only shy for the first minute or so on meeting most strangers. She's also started to make less noise when Mette dops her off at the day care.

No pictures this time I'm afraid. I have taken some, but I've not gotten around to formatting them for the net... been too busy exploring the latest EVE upgrade and playing with my Cyclone class battle cruiser, (and boy is she a beauty).

2 comments:

marinergrim said...

All children seem to go through this light sleeping phase. James was particularly prone toit and we've often been woken very early. They grow out of it - especially the girls since we now can't get her out of bed!

moif said...

So how long doe sit last?