Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sick Snoos


Freja is sick again. This time it appears to be nothing more serious than a slight rash on her face... a few angry red spots. She is developing so fast that I was almost worried it might be acne setting in already, but Mette reckons its something she's picked up at day care. Well, thats to be expected I guess ...expected and dreaded. Childrens institutions are breeding grounds for such things, and I usually catch them all.
-
In the meanwhile, the news from Copenhagen is encouraging. Camilla's son Hampus, who was born last week, 2 months premature, is still alive and although he has had to have various tubes inserted, his chances are said to be good. Yesterday Mette made him a 'badger'.
-
I've spent the last few days in some discomfort as well. My health, never anything award winning these last many years, has taken a nose dive in recent weeks with various pains in my groin, stomach and now chest. I put most of these down to a lack of exersize, but this doesn't make me any the less optimistic. The problems are slowly but surely mounting up and its looking like surgury may be the only choice left.
Bummer.
-
In the mean time I have been entertaining myself with EVE online and painting a few figures, but although these are interesting by themselves, they are a part of the problem since these are actvities that mean a lot of sitting about... I really need to go swimming again.
-

4 comments:

marinergrim said...

Nice figures Moif. Which manufacturer?

moif said...

Vendel

Jim Webber said...

Two of my sons also paint miniatures. They are the Warhammer figures. Jimmy does the Dwarfs and Reid does the Skaven (rat men). Yours are excellently done Moif.

Sorry to hear about your health. If it's due to lack of exercise, you should try running (with your doctors OK of course). I started about 15 months ago and went from being unable to run 100 yards to running up to 13 miles. I've also lost 25 lbs. which is also good. I'm in better shape now than I was when I was 30 (and that was a long time ago).

Anonymous said...

Poor Snoos.

She'll get through it ok. David went through various illnesses during his first few years. He's been in much better health lately. Even his asthma hasn't acted up in quite a while.

Poor kid got his dad's lungs. I, too, had asthma as a kid, but outgrew it. Looks like he might, too.

As for your health, just getting up and walking is better than sitting/lying around.