Friday, September 01, 2006

Artist of the Month: Emil Schildt


Time for an old favourite from my home city: Emil Schildt. I first came across Schildt's work when I stole an old poster of an exhibition he was giving in Ã…rhus's crafts and culture house, Huset, (which literally translates to The House).

In the intervening fourteen years I have yet to see his work reproduced any where except in a Scandinavian erotic monthly called Cupido that I used to buy and read, and yet judging by his web site and the body of work he has produced, I cannot imagine he is wanting for commisions.

1 comment:

Liz Nealon said...

Hi. I wonder if you know who represents Emil Schildt? I would love to own one of his photographs, but I have never been able to find a contact. His various web postings don't offer any information. I thought you might have an idea.....

Love the "artist of the month" concept for your blog, btw.
Best,
liz