Monday, August 07, 2006

Freja. T minus 6 days and counting

In a weeks time, Freja Olivia will be one year old. On Sunday 13th August, 2006 to be exact. I suppose all parents feel that their children grow up too fast and I've heard it said many times that parents wish their children could just stay small and cute a little while longer. I don't know if I feel that way or not. I'm looking foward to hearing Pip speaking and every new pseudo word is greeted with exclamations of joy and the certainty that no other child was ever so fantastic!

As it is, the Snoos is coming along in leaps and bounds, she is still 'Thunderpants', saving the world and dashing along with great style (Daddy's lil assistent in crime fighting). Yesterday was the monthly mothers meeting and as usual Freja shone brilliantly, walking about and generally bursting my heart with pride. Neither of the other two girls can really walk yet, though Sofie had just begun the day before so Freja was like the star attraction (it was also her lil birthday event). The black and white images here are all from then.

I know I'm laying it on pretty thick, but sometimes I just can't get over how quick she is. All the other kids I know in her generation seem like grokes in comparions (heres for those of you who don't read Moomintroll. Shame on you!). Todays big surprise was when some friends were leaving and every one was saying good bye. Freja waved her lil hand and say 'Bah bah', just as naturally as every one else. Mette and I leapt about chortling and Freja just giggled at us.
Its been a happy day today. I woke up this morning from a very happy dream about Mette and the mood has been with me all day. It probably helped I went to bed very early yesterday and got a really good nights sleep.

Later on today we all sat and had dinner together and Pip invented a new recipe. Creme freshe with potato and veg mush. Very appetizing!



Om en uge er Freja et år gammel. Det er nok alle forældre der syntes at det går så hurtigt og jeg har tit hørt folk sige at de kunne ønsk deres børn kunne forblive små,og sød bare et lidt længere. Om jeg har det såden, ved jeg ikke endnu, jeg glæder mig så meget til at hør hende tal og nu om dage bliverhvert lil ord, eller bare en hentydning at et ord hilst med så stor begestring og glæde at man skulle tror at at ingen andre barn har nogensinde værest så fantastiske!

Snus’en (Mette har fortælte mig at såden skulle det stavnes) kommer hen så hurtigt at jeg kan næsten ikke følje med, men hun er stadigvæk min lille ‘Thunderpants’ (min medhjælper i vores verdens redninger). I går ver det mødregruppens møde og de sad alle ud på terrasen og nyd det god vejr. Som altid skinnede Freja som en lille sol. Hun gik frem og tilbage og viste sig frem og jeg var så stolt som man skulle tror det er løgne. De andre børn kan ikke rigtig gå endnu (Sofie var lige begyndte dagen før) så Freja var den stor vidunder barn igen… det var også hendes fødselsdags ‘fest’ så det er nok naturligt at hun fik så meget opmærksomhed. All de sort og hvid billede I denne post er fra i går

Jeg ved godt at jeg er lidt blæret men jeg kan ikke lad være. Hun farer frem og jeg kan næsten ikke tror det nogen gang. Alle de andre børn i hendes alder virker som klumper i sammenligning (måske syntes de andre forældre det samme eller er jeg bare forgabt I min egne lille solskins dråb?). I dag da Alison, Kristoffer og Christian to afsted, sagde Freja ‘Bah bah’, ligesom ‘Bye bye’ på engelsk, og vinkede med sin lille hånd, lige så naturligt som os andre. Mette og jeg sprang rundt og grinede som chimpanzer mens Freja bare grinede ad os.

Det har været en rigtig god dag i dag. Jeg havde en lykkelig drøm om Mette og vågnede I bedst humor. Det hjælp nok at jeg gik I seng meget tidligt I går så jeg fik en god nats sovn for en gangs skyld.
Senere i dag spiste vi sammen og Snus’en fandt på en ny måde at spise hendes aftensmad på… med crème freche. Lækkert!

6 comments:

Cyan said...

She's so cute, and I can hardly believe that she's almost a year old.

I think I would be excited about hearing her talk, as well. Children have some of the most unique observations. :)

I'm getting rather excited about a new arrival, as well. One of my closest friends is expecting in November, and I'll get the opportunity to play Auntie which I'm very pleased about.

moif said...

We have several friends expecting in the nxt few months. One of them is set (a daughter) for my birthday Nov 15 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that. It would be cool to share my birthday with some one I know. I'd send her presents evry year, because then I'd remember (I'm a sad one for remembering birthays)

Anonymous said...

Hi moif, I though I'd drop by to see how life is in moif-world - I can't believe moifling is a year old already! She is an adorable little girl. Happy birthday Freja :-)

moif said...

Hey OB1!

She's a lil peach! Always up to mischeif these days. Very independent and apt to kicking up a fuss if things aren't exactly to her liking. The other day she started howling in a clothing shop and Mette was mortified. Ha ha ha.

Do you have my e mail address? I still have a package here for you, awaiting on my shelf and I need your RL address again. Your address got lost in the switch to the new computer (all my addresses went by the board!!!)

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, I remember clearly when Amber was that age, fascinated with everthing and exploring her world. She still is of course, at 15, but now she's eyeing up the big wide world out there. Enjoy every second with moifling that you can moif, children grow up so fast.

I do have your email address. I'll be in touch!

D.

moif said...

I get that now. I look back at how fast one year went and realise that 80 of those isn't such along time really...

=/