Saturday, May 27, 2006

Models...

Haven't done much on the Nao or the inn of late because I got side tracked, yet again. Over the week, whilst working on images for Ken's Crucible project, I knocked together a few models for a trial naval battle using Oleg's sea battle rules (based on the DBA/M system) but in the end we didn't get to do it any way.

Thursday was gaming day and Oleg brought along a 28mm galley model he is in the process of building. I forgot to take a picture of it, but so far he has a hull and a central spine upon which to build. It looked good and was pretty long compared to the Nao.

Here are the naval element models. Each base is 4cm wide. On the left are two squadrons of Napoleonic era ships, including two 74 gun ships of the line, four 28 gun frigates, four brigs and two elements of boats. At the bottom of the image are some damaged counters. To the right are two renaissance era galleys and a galleass (all unfinished)




In the mean time I've cleaned up my desk and I'm finishing some palisade elements I had unfinished. With a bit of luck I might even get a chance to use them at some point. I'm undecided as to which project I shall pick up on next...

No comments: