Monday, May 01, 2006

html

I'm still trying to broaden this page out a bit, but so far, no luck. There are several layers that I can find in the code, but when I try to change them it affects the whole layout... I'm starting to wonder if its actually possible. One or two of my online friends are code writers and maybe I ought to just give the entire text to one of them and ask them nicely, but I'm feeling stubborn about this now. The code isn't particularly long, and with trial and error, I think maybe I can figure it out... eventually...

I've also been looking at one of those little calenders some people have on their blogs where you can press the date and it takes you to the posts on that day. Thats pretty neat.

I'd also like to have a permananent text fixture at the head of the page which isn't a title, but more like a permanent post, the ide abeing I can keep the next gaming dates there, but so far thats still a project for the future...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm still trying to broaden this page out a bit, but so far, no luck."

Copy/paste your code on a Word file. Save a copy in case I give you bad advise.

Ctrl-F (search) for something like #leftcontent. In the brackets ({...}) change width percentage. Depending on your template you may need able to fiddle with the #rightcontent's width as well, but you probably won't have to.

I dunno about blogger.com offering a calendar. You may have to ask your friends for that code.

moif said...

Thanks Lesly.

I couldn't find anything like that, so I did the copy paste thing and just started changing those numbers that looked right. I've had to stop now because there is something wrong wi the site. It won't upload any changes. It did that once before then went back to normal the next day.

Weird.