Saturday, May 13, 2006

Freja: 9 months old today

Today is Pipski’s nine-month birthday! As usual I have taken a special photograph of our delightful little girl in order to keep a record of how her face develops.
When she reaches the age where she can stand alone, I will also start taking pictures of her against a white background with the intention that at some point in the future we will be able to make an animation that shows her actually growing up. I’m not sure how I’ll do this yet. I need to think of a way that clearly shows her height.
The portrait pictures go in a special book I’ve been keeping and they document what her face looks like each month.

Yesterday Mette’s friend Camille came by on a visit from Copenhagen. She was as good looking and charming as ever, and she brought the news that she is also pregnant! The baby boom around me continues. Her due date is Christmas day.
It’s a sort of tradition that when Camille comes by in the summer we all go to the beach, so yesterday was Pip’s first encounter with the sea… and she loved it until Mette dipped her toes in the water and then she screamed in shock and anger since it was icy cold. I waded in, with Freja in my arms to just over my ankles and it was so murderously cold that I had to get out after two minutes because it hurt so much!


Of course, Mette and Camille both went out and dipped into the sea. Scandinavian women are insane! Neither stayed in the water for more than thirty seconds though.


I dag er Pipsens ni måneders fødselsdag. Som altid har jeg taget et specielt foto af vores dejlige lille pige som skal i gå i hendes bog. På denne måde har vi et journal der viser hvordan hendes ansigt forandrer sig.
Når hun når denne alder hvor hun kan stå op selv vil jeg også begynde at tage billeder af hende med en hvid bagrund for at vise hvor høj hun bliver. I fremtiden kan all disse billder blive lagt sammen i et animation som vil vis hvordan hum vokser. Jeg skal bare har fundet en måde at viser klart hvor højt hun er.

I går kom Camille på besøge (hun er lige taget afsted igen). Som altid så hun godt og friske ud, men denne gang havde hun den glædig nyhed med at hun er gravid og er sat til Juledag!
Det er en slags tradition at når Camille kommer på besøge om sommeren så skal vi ned til stranden så i går var Pipski’s første gang ved vandet og hun elskede det, indtil Mette dyppede hends taer i vandet som var pisse koldt! Jeg tog Pip og gik lidt ud i vandet i et par minutter men det kun jeg ikke hold ud, så grusom koldt var det.
Men, Mette og Camille skulle absolut ud i vandet så de smid tøjet og hoppede ud i det. De er begge to sindsyg! De var i vandet for kun circa 30 sekunder og det kun jeg godt forstå.

4 comments:

Kamangir said...

That's fantastic that you are having a cold weather, too! You know, misery loves company!
For your project, there are people who work on age-related face detection and will be very thankful of having your archive when it completes.

moif said...

Hi Arash!

I've made use of such tools myself in the past. I'm a graphic designer & illustrator (that is when I'm actually doing any work) and I have quite a few such images and face studies.

As for the cool weather, this is as good as it gets during May in Denmark... ha ha ha ha.

Actually its been very nice to sit outside again. The sea will warm up in the next few weeks and then we can try again.

Kamangir said...

Have a good time in the shore! You know, they brought me to Gimli and told me, this is the lake. However, the only thing that I saw there was the white horizon. Now, I am waiting to see that scene again. I wonder if there is any sea beneath that boring white cover. Though, I should admit that the existence of "do not dive" signs here and there implies either there is a lake there or that some people are really insane. Have fun! And keep you fingers crossed for me, too!

moif said...

Ha ha ha.

Do you know that in Scandinavia people break holes in the ice and dive into the freezing sea!

...for fun!!!